Monday, July 14, 2014
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Here is a link to my review on The Maze Runner by James Dashner. This book is captivating!
Here is a link to my City of Ashes book review by Cassandra Clare. Watch it on Youtube and let me know what you think!
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Ahhh, Nora Roberts. I have to say, I love her work, but this book left me jaded in a few places.
Essentially the book is centered around Declan Fitzgerald, a hot shot Boston lawyer who's grown tired of the courtroom and moves down to New Orleans in search of something "more." He moves into Manet Hall, a prestigious old house that has as many secrets as it does rooms. It's a fixer upper for sure, but as soon as he sets off to work on it, strange things start to happen. Declan soon finds out that the house harbors a deep dark secret, and the ghosts there are determined to keep it that way.
Now, no Nora Roberts book would be complete without a little love interest, enter Angelina Simone. She's a ball breaking bar owner whose bark is as strong as her bite. Declan falls head over heels for this fast talking sexpot, and spends most of the book trying to convince her to go out with him. She has her ups and downs for me. I think her character is way too closed off, and for me the book would've been better with more ghosts and less Lena.
Also, the ghostly things that happened could've been a little scarier, and the characters could've reacted more terrified. There's one scene where Lena is walking down the hall and the doors keep slamming, and she just keeps walking. I would be out so fast!
All in all, I didn't care too much for it. It wasn't a good ghost story, and it wasn't a good love story.
If you all read it let me know! Leave your comments below!!
Saturday, October 5, 2013
I saw this book tag on Bookables youtube channel. She has the best book reviews and book tags. I just love to hear her ramble! Http://www.youtube.com/bookables
Anyways, here's the tag!
1) Do you get sick while reading in the car?
-Sometimes. If I read for a long time or it's a really curvy road we're on I will definitely get sick.
2) Which author's style is so completely unique to you and why?
- J.K. Rowling! Her writing style is just so fun and imaginative! In Harry Potter you literally feel like you're a part of Hogwarts! I want to go to Hogwarts, and be friends with Hermione and Harry and Ron! Rowling has just created this amazing magical world, and it takes someone truely talented to put all that imagination on paper and actually make you want to read it. If you couldn't tell, I kind of love J.K. Rowling!
3) Harry Potter or Twilight?
- I like Twilight, it's a good story, but I ADORE Harry Potter! Hogwarts all the way!
4) Do you carry a book bag?
- No. In middle school and high school I did. In college I carried a canvas bag. Now I just carry a huge purse! If it's not big enough to fit a book in, I'm not carrying it! Haha
5) Do you smell your books?
- No, but there's nothing like walking into Books A Million and the smell of new books overwhelming you!
6) Books with or without illustrations?
- I say without unless it's a cookbook or a decorating book.
7) What book did you love while reading, but later discovered it wasn't quality writing?
- For me, it's the L.A. Candy series by Lauren Conrad. I loved it while reading it, but I felt like as the series wentnon the writing got worse. I love Lauren Conrad, though!
8) Do you have any funny memories involving books from your childhood?
-Yes! I wanted to be Junie B. Jones! I loved her!
9) What's the thinnest book on your shelf?
- Probably the House of Night's Fledgling Handbook by P.C. Cast
10) What's the thickest book on your shelf?
- Probably Breaking Dawn from the Twilight series.
11) Do you write as well as you read? Could you see yourself being an author?
- I love to write, and I would love to be an author someday.
12) when did you get into reading?
- When I was in grade school we had this program called the Accelerated Reading Program. It was where we got to pick one book a week and read it and then take a test on the computer on it at the end of the week. Once you took the test you earned points and I believe you could get little prizes with your points. That's my earliest memory of reading for fun.
13) Favorite classic book?
- Little Women ny Louisa Mae Alcott. I adore that book! It's a great story of love, loss, friendship, and family.
14) What was your best subject in school?
- English and History. I hated math!!!
15) If you were given a book that you hated as a gift, what would you do?
- I would trade that sucker in or regift it. Just being honest. Haha
16) Name a lesser known series similar to The Hunger Games or Harry Potter.
- Nightshade by Andrea Cremer! This series isn't really similar to either of these, but it's a really good new series!
17) Name a bad habit you have whole filming besides rambling.
- I don't film reviews that often, but my bad habit would definitely be talking with my hands. If I'm talking about something I'm passionate about my hands move ninety miles an hour! Haha
18) What is your favorite word?
- I don't really have a favorite word. That's why I read, I love all words!
19) Would you classify yourself as a nerd, dork, or dweeb?
- I'm definitely a book nerd!
20) Vampires or fairies?
21) Shifters or angels?
- Shifters. It would just be so cool to shift!
22) Spirits or werewolves?
- Duh! Werewolves! Teen wolf, anyone?
23) Zombies or vampires?
- Vampires. Don't get me wrong, I geek out over The walking Dead, but vampires are so sexy! Damon Salvatore? Yes, please!
24) Love triangle or forbidden love?
- Forbidden love. There's just something so sexual about it. Rose and Dimitri from Vampire Academy, Edward and Bella from Twilight, Tris and Four from Divergent? It's just hot to break the love rules!
25) Full on romance or action packed with a little romance?
- Action packed with a little romance. Divergent, Hunger Games, Vampire Academy. Those are books I can get into!
Well, that's it for now. I tag you! You do the tag and put your answers down, then leave me a comment below!