Thursday, May 16, 2013
Friday, April 6, 2012
1) My name is Heather Hale Hickman, and I'm 23 years old.
2) I'm a newlywed, and I love my hubby more than anything in the world.
3) I have this obsession with books, I just can't get enough! lol
4) If it came down to buying makeup or a book...BOOK!
5) If it came down to buying food or a book...Well that would would depend on the book really. haha And how hungry I am.
6) Susan Elizabeth Phillips is one of my all time favorite authors. She writes such great characters, and I would love to meet her one day!
7) I can't remember when my obsession with books started, but I can remember I used to love those old Mary Kate and Ashley mystery books! haha
8) I do have an accent, and you can try and guess where I'm from, but you'll never get it! lol
9) I can sit and read all day long. Seriously!
10) I aspire to be a writer someday...We'll see!
*Well, I guess that's it. If you have any question for me just comment below. Oh, and feel free to give me some reading suggestions! And let me know what books you want a review on!*
Sisterhood Everlasting by Anne Brashares
Sisterhood Everlasting is the fifth book in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. If you've never read the series I suggest you do before reading this book. I'm not saying you won't understand the book, I'm saying that by reading the other books before this one you can relate to the characters better, and understand their decisions more.
Essentially the series is based around these four best friends: Bridget, Lena, Tibby, and Carmen. The series starts with these girls as teens. In the first book, the girls are getting ready to spend their first summer apart from one another, and their as excited as they are nervous. They've never spent so much time apart! Eventually the girls find this pair of "magical" pants that fits them all perfectly, which is crazy because their body types are as different as their personalities. They decide that they'll share the pants over the summer as a way to stay close without actually being together. The fourth book ends with the pants getting lost in Greece, and the girls just starting off in college and not knowing where life will lead them.
At the beginning of Sisterhood Everlasting, you see where all the girls are in their lives. They're all on the cusp of turning thirty, and they're all on such different paths. Their friendship has fallen through the cracks a little bit, and they're not as close as they used to be. Carmen is a television actress living in New York City, Lena is an art professor in Providence, Bridget lives in San Francisco with Eric, and Tibby lives in Australia with Brian. They're so far away from one another, but they each yearn for that closeness they once shared. Finally, it's Tibby who reaches out and makes the first move. She sends the girls plane ticket to Greece, and they anticipate the reunion they've waited so long for. Lena, Bridget, and Carmen meet up and fly to Greece to meet Tibby, but once they get there things don't go as planned.
This story has happy moments as well as sad moments, and for every tear you shed there's a laugh right around the corner. You'll say goodbye to some beloved characters, and you'll say hello to new ones. You get to follow these girls as they deal with new life and death, and you get to see how each one handles it differently.
This is such a great read. If you've been eying this book, but you haven't gotten it yet, get it! You won't be sorry! It's a captivating story about love, loss, and the power of friendship.